St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton
Kate RIzzuto - Phone: 905-681-8233 ext. 233
We provide high quality and responsive seniors’ mental health care. The SJHH Seniors Mental Health Outpatient and Outreach Programs are designed to serve the complex mental health concerns of seniors.
Our services include:
- Comprehensive assessment, medication review/management, treatment planning with a geriatric psychiatrist or geriatrician and/or a member of our clinical team
- Time-limited follow up/case management
- Consultation and individual or group health education for seniors, caregivers/and service providers
- Short-term supportive counseling and/or individual and group psychotherapy (see the section on group interventions)
- Assistance with behavioural management strategies
- Collaboration with family physicians, family members, other care partners, and linkage to support services to help meet unmet needs
We do not provide formal capacity or forensic assessment or long-term psychotherapy but will help to link you to resources.
We serve seniors residing in the Hamilton, Brant, Niagara, Halton, and North West Mississauga communities. We offer clinic and outreach (e.g. home visiting) services. The outreach service is designed to serve the needs of those seniors who cannot or will not seek service in a traditional location such as a clinic or an office.
For location and more details click here for their website.