Spring, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Canada Day and Back to School are all great reasons to celebrate our clients and give out gifts to support that!
Compassion Society of Halton
Offering Community Support Services across Halton
Non-perishable, perishable & frozen food items | Hygiene | Self-care items | Clothing | Special seasonal programs | Social services
Serving across Burlington, Oakville, Milton, Halton Hills, Acton and Georgetown.
Contact Compassion Society of Halton
The Compassion Society is driven by a team of amazingly dedicated volunteers with the gift of time. The organization’s volunteers, two staff, and board actively solicit monetary donations, in-kind donations, and gifts that enable us to serve all the families that come to us in need.
How to help
- Few things in life are as rewarding as knowing you have done something in a very tangible way to help someone less fortunate than yourself.
- You can experience that feeling by becoming a Compassion Society Volunteer.
- Our volunteers are the backbone of our charity. Duties range from sorting clothing, assisting clients with finding items, setting up, cleaning, distributing food, stocking shelves and administrative tasks.
- We hope you’ll consider becoming one of our volunteers. You’ll be doing something REALLY worthwhile!
- Individually Packed School-Safe Snacks
- Granola Bars
- Fruit Snacks (NOT APPLE SAUCE)
- Goldfish Crackers
Toiletries and Personal Care:
- All men’s and women’s hygiene products (e.g. body wash, shampoo, deodorant, Kleenex)
- Cleaning supplies (e.g. dish soap, laundry soap)
- Diapers - sizes 4, 5 and 6
- Maxi and regular feminine hygiene products
- Adult incontinence products (maximum absorbency pads for women, unisex disposable pull-up underwear)
No Furniture Donations!
- Baby food and formula
- Juice boxes
- Flour / rice / salt
- Coffee / tea / sugar
- Adult & kids' cereal / instant oatmeal
- Condiments / cooking oil
- Tuna & canned meat
THE COMPASSION SOCIETY HELPS ALL YEAR
Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter and Halloween are all busy times as we work to ensure families have meals, gifts and fun!
We give job seekers information and training to feel confident during interviews. We do a suit drive, to dress them for success and have many services booths that run every month to support our clients!
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S MESSAGE
"I want to be part of a community and workforce where people feel appreciated and are treated with respect and dignity. My aim is to continue the tradition of the Compassion Society being a place where clients feel supported and the volunteers and staff love coming in to help the needier among us. Some great people at Compassion Society inspire me and I hope I live up to their high expectations."
FAMILIES SAY THANK YOU
Clients Only - Food Pick Up Hours Are:
- Mondays: 12 PM - 3:30 PM
- Wednesdays: 4 PM - 7 PM
- Fridays: 12 PM - 3:30 PM
Donation Days & Hours:
- Monday: 9 AM - 3:30 PM
- Wednesday: 9 AM - 7 PM
- Friday: 9 AM - 3:30 PM