Spring, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Canada Day and Back to School are all great reasons to celebrate our clients and give out gifts to support that!
Compassion Society of Halton
Offering Community Support Services across Halton
Non-perishable, perishable & frozen food items | Hygiene | Self-care items | Clothing | Special seasonal programs | Social services
Serving across Burlington, Oakville, Milton, Halton Hills, Acton and Georgetown.
The Compassion Society is driven by a team of amazingly dedicated volunteers with the gift of time. The organization’s volunteers, two staff, and board actively solicit monetary donations, in-kind donations, and gifts that enable us to serve all the families that come to us in need.
- Few things in life are as rewarding as knowing you have done something in a very tangible way to help someone less fortunate than yourself.
- You can experience that feeling by becoming a Compassion Society Volunteer.
- Our volunteers are the backbone of our charity. Duties range from sorting clothing, assisting clients with finding items, setting up, cleaning, distributing food, stocking shelves and administrative tasks.
- We hope you’ll consider becoming one of our volunteers. You’ll be doing something REALLY worthwhile!
Toiletries and Personal Care:
- Body wash
- Diapers - size 6
- Feminine hygiene products (pads & tampons)
- Laundry detergent
No Furniture Donations!
- Canned Meats and Fish
- Canned tomatoes (paste, diced or pureed)
- Canned Vegetables (corn without cream, peas, carrots and mixed)
- Cooking oil
- Fruit Juice boxes
- Instant Coffee
- Pasta sauces
- Peanut Butter
- White flour
THE COMPASSION SOCIETY HELPS ALL YEAR
Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter and Halloween are all busy times as we work to ensure families have meals, gifts and fun!
We give job seekers information and training to feel confident during interviews. We do a suit drive, to dress them for success and have many services booths that run every month to support our clients!
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S MESSAGE